Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Wen in Rome...


Photo credit: Google Images

It has been a busy couple of weeks and as a result we have been unable to do much of any posting apologies everyone!

Lately the weather in Vancouver has been a bit up and down but it is expected of the season and the city.  I am counting my lucky stars I don't get frizzes in muggy, rainy weather however my hair does tend to tangle quite often.  After my many bouts of hair colouring my locks were beginning to feel stressed (re: feeling dry and extremely tangled in the shower) and thus spurred my search for a hair mask or treatment to help calm things down.  Enter Wen hair care line.  

Now I had come across these products in the past and hadn't bothered to research it further figuring I didn't really need it and honestly with hair on the oily scalp side the idea of slapping on loads of conditioner even ones labeled "cleansing" wasn't altogether appealing.  But as fate would have it I found myself drawn towards Chaz Dean's products and decided on a whim to give it a try.  It was a miracle! My hair felt restored, smooth, luxurious and no tangles hallelujah!

The price not er so much, the cleansing conditioners range from $32 for a 16 oz bottle, $58 for a 32 oz to $210 a gallon. In order to properly cleanse the hair and of course depending on length, type of hair and so on you're looking at about 20-30 pumps of conditioner per washing to get the desired results.  As much as I loved how my hair feels I can't possibly justify spending that much.  

After some further digging on the interwebs I found that as long as you're using a silicone free conditioner, you can get similar results with any old brand.  A popular alternative is the Suave naturals line, I've also tried using the Live Clean line with promising results as well.  So lesson learned here kids, a heftier price tag isn't always better and it's important to know what else is out there before settling down.  



No comments:

Post a Comment